Monday, October 12, 2009

Costume Desgin

So, whoever said that you can only have one career? I love acting! And...I love costume design! I never thought that I could draw. I would always draw stick figures and never had confidence in my fine art skills. I took Costume Design I my Junior year in college and after being taught how to draw I fell in love with the idea of designing the clothing that the characters would be wearing. I used to design clothing for my paper dolls all of the time, when I was younger. I love coming up with my own clothing designs and outfit ideas- so what better way to channel that than costume designing! I have designed costumes for a dance show (13 dancers!!!) where I not only designed them, but also made them. I have designed costumes for "Romeo and Juliet" (that I set in the 1920's) and for "Little Shop of Horrors" and I have designed random dresses and outfits just for fun. I have been practicing my painting and drawing techniques and I have been slowly getting better! I went to the MET a few weeks ago and I was sketching all of the sculptures that I saw! It is such an amazing place! If you have never been, you have to go-seriously!! Amazing.
Anyway, we will see where costume design takes me! What a wonderful combination- acting and costumes!!!
As usual- Love you guys! Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment